Why Use Donor Eggs?
Reasons for Using Donor Egg
Each family is unique, as is each person. Each journey to utilize an egg donor for family planning is personal and has much depth.
Medical reasons to use an egg (oocyte) donor:
- Women whose own ovarian reserve, or egg pool, is not capable of conceiving a pregnancy due to a lack of quantity and/or quality. This can be due to the age of the woman and the natural decline in her ovarian reserve. It can also be caused by medical diagnoses like primary ovarian insufficiency or previous trauma or surgery to the reproductive organs damaging her egg pool.
- acquired or inborn lack of eggs, which is attributed to natural menopause;
- absence of ovaries as a result of surgical interference;
- abnormal development of ovaries;
- poor response of ovaries to IVF stimulation of superovulation, loss of egg generation function;
- repeated cultivation of inferior-quality embryos;
- Same sex male couples and single men who want to become parents.
- When there is a risk of passing a genetic disorder to the child, too offset any known genetic conditions or diseases to the donor conceived child;
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) with unexplained repeated miscarriage (recurrent pregnancy loss)
We recognize the decision to use donor egg is very personal. We are with you every step of your journey to parenthood using donor egg.
To get started with Eos, contact us today via website to schedule your complimentary welcome consultation or call us at 866.504.1170.
Fertility Health Evaluation
If you have not consulted with a physician regarding your fertility health status, contact our fertility clinic partner Vios Fertility Institute, to schedule a consultation. Their expert team of physicians will review your medical history, learn more about your family planning goals, and provide you guidance and options on achieving parenthood.