The Donation Screening Process
The donor screening process is complex. We provide all egg donors reproductive legal counsel to provide them with the most comprehensive informed consent. Eos recognizes the need for flexibility to accommodate the donor’s personal schedule, to allow remote communication and utilize Vios Fertility clinic location of their choice.
Below is a high-level overview of the screening process. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements of each step will not continue on to the next step. Candidates can choose to leave the screening process at any time for any reason.
- Prescreen Application – Those wishing to be considered as an Eos egg donor need to complete the online Prescreen Application. This short application should take approximately 10 minutes to complete and gives us a high level idea of you as a candidate.
- Overall Donor Application – Candidates who meet at least the minimum requirements of the prescreen application will be able to go directly into completing the Overall Donor Application. They can also come back to complete the application using the details sent via email. This application will take approximately 60-90 minutes to complete and will go into specific details of their life, family, and medical history. If you’ve already begun the overall application, you can login here to continue.
Comprehensive Evaluation Process
After reviewing the Overall Donor Application, candidates who meet the requirements will continue on through the evaluation process. Eos Conception provides potential donors a unique, streamlined opportunity to quickly move through the evaluation process taking 2-3 weeks to complete.
- Medical Screening and Testing – Candidates are scheduled to have their blood drawn for infectious genetic diseases and hormonal levels. A transvaginal ultrasound will be performed to evaluate ovary health. This appointment lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Vios Physician Consultation and Physical Examination – Candidates are scheduled for an onsite consultation and examination at one of Vios Fertility’s clinic locations. This appointment will last approximately one hour.
- Genetic and Psychological Counseling and Screening – Candidates are scheduled for a consultation with a licensed geneticist to review their family medical genetic history and understand their genetic test results. Candidates will also receive support services and counseling to understand all aspects of the egg donation process.
- Reproductive Legal Attorney Counsel – Candidates will complete a legal consultation to review current and future legal implications of donating eggs. This empowers our donors to have comprehensive knowledge regarding the legal aspects of their donation at the onset of the evaluation process and feel confident to proceed as an Eos egg donor. Once comfortable, candidates will sign the legal agreements with support of their legal counsel.
- Approved for Donation – Welcome to our Eos family! You are ready to donate immediately to our frozen egg bank or a complete a fresh directed donation to an intended parent. We celebrate you!